A Unit of APAV Healthcare Private Ltd |1, Navjeevan Vihar, Malviya Nagar,New Delhi, India
A Unit of APAV Healthcare Private Ltd
1, Navjeevan Vihar, Malviya Nagar,New Delhi, India
Thyroid Treatment in Delhi & Best Thyroid Doctor & Hospital in New Delhi, NCR & India
Thyroid Surgery in Delhi
What are the Symptoms of Thyroid Problem?
- Fluctuations in weight
- Nervousness and anxiety
- Sleep Disturbances
- Irregular menstrual periods
- Hypersensitivity to temperature change
- Changes in heart rate
- Some patients may feel a lump in their throat as well.
Causes of Thyroid Surgery
- Thyroid cancer
- Hyperthyroidism due to grave disease
- Thyroid nodules
- Enlargement of the thyroid gland
Quick FAQs about Thyroid Treatment
Yes, thyroid surgery is major surgery. So an experienced general surgeon is required for thyroid surgery.
Some side-effects of thyroid surgery are difficulty in swallowing, neck pain, sore throat, and hoarseness of voice can be experienced. All treatment measures can be given to treat these side effects.
Yes, you will live normally after thyroid removal surgery. You will just have to take one pill of thyroxine every morning to replace the thyroid hormone.
Some of the warning signs of thyroid problems are weight fluctuation, fatigue, heart rate abnormality, sensitivity to temperature change, etc.
Meet the Head of Department & the Team
Understand the Thyroid Surgery Procedures
Thyroid surgery is performed to remove a lobe (a part of the thyroid) or the entire thyroid gland. It depends upon the severity of the problem and the reason behind the thyroid surgery. The thyroid gland is butterfly-shaped and has two lobes. These two lobes are located on either side of the windpipe. The thyroid gland helps in regulating how to body consumes energy that is it controls the metabolism of the body. That’s why any disease or abnormality of the thyroid results in weight fluctuation in the patient. As the body is unable to use the energy in proportion to the consumption. The thyroid gland makes two hormones that are triiodothyronine or T3 and Thyroxine or T4.
For thyroid surgery, first of all, general anesthesia is given to the patient. The surgeon will make an incision in the front of the neck and carefully remove the part or whole of the thyroid gland. How much thyroid gland is removed depends upon the cause and the type of the surgery.
- Lobectomy- In this type of thyroid surgery, only one lobe of the thyroid gland is removed. That’s why the thyroid still functions.
- Subtotal Thyroidectomy- In this surgery, the whole thyroid gland is removed but only a small amount of thyroid tissue is left in place. This small tissue still preserves some thyroid function. Some patients may develop hypothyroidism after subtotal thyroidectomy that is less production of thyroid hormones, T3 and T4. This can be treated with hormonal supplement medications easily.
- Total Thyroidectomy- In this surgery, the entire thyroid gland is removed. After the surgery, thyroxine supplements are given to compensate its functions.
Dr Sunil Garg is the best Thyroid Surgeon in Delhi for all thyroid surgeries in Delhi.
Precautions About Thyroid Surgery
- You will be shifted to the recovery room after surgery.
- Some pain medications will be given to combat the post-operative pain.
- You will be able to eat and drink after a few hours post-surgery.
- You will be discharged from the hospital, the next day post-surgery.
- Some calcium supplements, vitamin D supplements, and thyroid hormone supplements are prescribed as per the patient’s requirements.
- No sports activity should be resumed until 2 weeks and until cleared by your surgeon.
Patient Success Stories
Some Kind Words
Our Sincere Gratitude
Appreciation from our Patients and their Full Recovery are our Accolades. Here are a few kind words from our patients after they got their treatment/surgery done by Dr Vineet Malhotra and Dr Abhishek Mishra.